Seven Hills Preparatory Academy is recognized for its organizational stability, fiscal responsibility, and academic success.
Our mission-driven commitment to engage each individual student in a content-rich curriculum that challenges, supports, and differentiates us from other schools. This promotes our innovative decision-making and teaching practices that are both practical and purposeful. These yield successful outcomes for student learning and growth.
As a result of this commitment to academic growth, SHPA was named a Minnesota Reward School for the third consecutive year by the Minnesota Department of Education for its efforts toward closing student achievement gaps. Our focused efforts to increase student achievement and decrease achievement gaps has achieved the following results in 2014, proving any and all students can enjoy learning and succeed in school.
Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments
83.7% Proficiency in Reading
83.2% Proficiency on the Math MCA
90.7% Proficiency on the Science MCA
79.46% Multiple Measurements Rating
88.31% Focus Rating
77.4% Proficiency in Reading
70.5% Proficiency on the Math MCA
57.6% Proficiency on the Science MCA
72.41% Multiple Measurements Rating
78.49% Focus Rating
How do we accomplish these results?
- We map out a complete learning program that provides each student with a broad-based education.
- We clearly define the knowledge and skills that each student must master at each grade level to create high levels of academic expectation and define outcomes.
- We have realigned the Core Knowledge Scope and Sequence for our Middle School to meet Minnesota State Education Standards, to promote cross-disciplinary learning, to account for adolescent development, and to prepare students for High School.
- We eliminate many of the gaps and repetition characterized in standard curriculums.
- We tie knowledge, skills and concepts together across subject areas to reinforce learning.
- The differences in student individual ability and the variances in their learning readiness or mastery of necessary skills or knowledge are accommodated for each student in every classroom.
- We continually measure and assess student progress, frequently sampling student work and continually assessing student performance (data), quickly identifying any student who is struggling with any part of the curriculum, then addressing issues right away and making adjustments as necessary to target support and improve student performance.
- We maintain Professional Learning Communities for our teachers and specialists, stressing meaningful professional development for our own learning, and we focus on data-driven instruction and interim assessments to monitor student growth.
SHPA’s student body consists of approximately 30% students of color, 25% free and reduced lunch, 15% Special Education. For the full enrollment summary, please download the Student Enrollment Summary below.
See the full Report Card on the MN Department of Education Website.